Professional development is an important component to staying marketable and current in your field of study. Generally, it is up to you to create and execute a plan for yourself. So, how does one go about deciding on the best possible professional development choices?
Your Field of Study, Professional Standards and professional associations of course! You will plan on meeting your professional development goals by completing three of the four different opportunities. Have fun with your choices! This is the time you get to choose what you want to study and how you want to learn!
To prepare for this discussion:
- Choose a standard (or more than one) within your own field of study that is of interest to you.
In your initial post:
- Identify your chosen standard(s)
- Explain why this Professional Standard is interesting to you
- Research and find a conference in your field of study that you would want to attend.
- Research and share one continuing education opportunity. (Masters, edX, 2nd language, certification).
- Research and include one publication (journal, book, etc.) that supports your learning and growth is this area. Could you start a book club with this title?
- Research a choice of your own.